Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Paolo Salvan <pa...@omitech.it> on 2004/06/14 13:19:28 UTC

Launching a statement SQL fom OJB

Hi!

Suppose I've to do something in the DB launching directly an SQL statement,
bypassing OJB.... how can I do it?
And how to prevent problems with the object cache of OJB?

ie: if a launch "UPDATE costs_table SET cost = cost + 10", but some record has
already been loaded in memory by OJB...how can I get them updated?

(same problems for inserts and updates...)

Thanks and bye!

Paolo

Re: Launching a statement SQL fom OJB

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Paolo,

Paolo Salvan wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Suppose I've to do something in the DB launching directly an SQL statement,
> bypassing OJB.... how can I do it?

Please see
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/faq.html#performSQL
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/connection.html#obtain-connection

> And how to prevent problems with the object cache of OJB?

Currently the only way is to clear the cache.
broker.clearCache();

regards,
Armin