Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ajayi Yinka <ia...@googlemail.com> on 2009/05/20 17:39:51 UTC

Wicket in Php

Hi,

Can anyone give me an insight on how I can integrate wicket into php
project.

I already have an application that is written in php.

I will like to upgrade the application with some new features in which I
prefer to use  wicket.

I am afraid if this is possible?

Re: Wicket in Php

Posted by Steve Swinsburg <s....@lancaster.ac.uk>.
Only if you call it Picket!

Sound cool, massive job.

Re: Wicket in Php

Posted by Martin Sachs <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Wicket in Php

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
I don't think they said it's impossible, but it's definitely impractical.

Re: Wicket in Php

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
Not impossible.  But you really need a reason for taking on such a big
project.  I've done integration between disparate systems, for
example, between a ColdFusion application and a Tapestry application.
But they are difficult and time consuming.

You should not take on such a project just for "oh, I'd like to try
<new coolest thing>".  This kind of project is best done if you can
migrate entire sections that do not need to inter-connect.  Anytime
you have to sync session info between multiple applications, though,
it becomes very difficult.

If you are looking for something to make your PHP application better,
more object-oriented, and separate logic and presentation, I would
HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Symfony framework [1].  I recently signed on to
do a project where it had to be in PHP because of the existing talent
within the company, and I chose Symfony.  It's the only reason I would
even take on a PHP project.  Check it out.  It's as close to Wicket as
you'll get in PHP.

[1] - http://www.symfony-project.org/

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

Re: Wicket in Php

Posted by Paolo Di Tommaso <pa...@gmail.com>.
In other words .. impossible

Re: Wicket in Php

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Re: Wicket in Php

Posted by Ajayi Yinka <ia...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks

Re: Wicket in Php

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Re: Wicket in Php

Posted by Ajayi Yinka <ia...@googlemail.com>.
I have gone through both symphony and resins.
I am afraid resins will me both cash and time to get a fast development.

I think I would rather stick to php for the project.

Thanks to all for contribution
Ajayi

Re: Wicket in Php

Posted by pkcinna <pk...@gmail.com>.