Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jay Cornwall <ja...@evilrealms.net> on 2002/09/04 19:48:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.x w/ mod_php

Hi

I posted this to the PHP Install list, but didn't get any reply. Perhaps you
guys might be able to help?

I've compiled and installed the latest stable version of mod_php (4.2.2
wouldn't compile without errors) with (Linux) Apache 2.0.40, and it seems to
be working fine.

My .php files are parsed correctly, but I was wondering if I can do the same
for embedded PHP (<?php ... ?>) in .html files?

I've tried adding this to my httpd.conf:
  AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

But the PHP code remains unparsed, and all the pages are returned with type
application/x-httpd-php (which makes my browser ask if I wish to save the
page, rather than viewing it :/).

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Jay

--
http://www.evilrealms.net/ - Systems Administrator
http://www.ic.ac.uk/ - Imperial College, student and developer

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.x w/ mod_php

Posted by Jay Cornwall <ja...@evilrealms.net>.
On Wednesday 04 September 2002 18:48 pm, Jay Cornwall wrote:

> I've tried adding this to my httpd.conf:
>   AddType application/x-httpd-php .html
>
> But the PHP code remains unparsed, and all the pages are returned with type
> application/x-httpd-php (which makes my browser ask if I wish to save the
> page, rather than viewing it :/).

Replying to myself here, it turns out this was due to a conflict between the
SSI includes output filter, and the PHP handler. If I disable either one, the
other will work.

Is it be possible to use SSI (#include in particular) in conjunction with a
PHP page? And how would I go about configuring Apache to do so?

Cheers,
Jay