Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/16 19:40:45 UTC

Re: [2.x] Enable/Disable schema validations for the SCA composite

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 12:02 AM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I realized today that there are "import"s to XSDs on the web from OASIS SCA
> schemas. For example,
> /tuscany-assembly-xsd/src/main/resources/sca-binding-ws-1.1-cd02.xsd has the
> following:
>
>   <import namespace="http://www.w3.org/ns/wsdl-instance"
>
> schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2007/05/wsdl/wsdl20-instance.xsd"/>
>   <import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"
>
> schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2006/03/addressing/ws-addr.xsd"/>
>
> As a side effect, when we try to load the schemas for validation against the
> composite files, it takes some time to retrieve the external XSDs from the
> web. Sometimes, it even hangs if the HTTP connection is very slow.
>
> I think the users should have control if the schema validation should be
> enabled when the Tuscany node is started. I add a flag to the
> ValidationSchemaExtensionPoint and the OSGi node will set it to a flag
> depending on if the log level if FINE or higher. Ideally, this flag can be
> passed in from the launcher by the users or from a configuration file for
> the node. With this change, the bootstrap of an SCA node is much faster!
>
> Maybe we should even consider porting this change to the 1.x stream.

I think we need to do this as the default in both 1.x and 2.x to
reduce the build time, unless anyone shouts thats what i'll do.

   ...ant

Re: [2.x] Enable/Disable schema validations for the SCA composite

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:37 AM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Maybe you can configure the system property in the maven-surefire-plugin to
>> disable the validation.
>>

> Yes sure, still need to port the change to 1.x which i'll do anyway,
> and switch it on (validation off) tomorrow if no one objects.
>
>   ...ant

Ok with me to make this default, but I'd like to keep the validation
check on the continuum build so we can still find schema related
issues. We should also document how developers can turn this on in our
developer guide.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: [2.x] Enable/Disable schema validations for the SCA composite

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.