Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by IT Service Pahne <in...@pahne-it-service.de> on 2005/05/01 21:52:06 UTC

how to obtain the rendered content of a block as String?

I need to obtain the (rendered) content of a block as java.lang.String.

That's  because I'd like to use the Tooltip component (from Tassel), and
   that has a java.lang.String parameter toolTip

I try to use a third party component (Tooltip from Tassel) in my
application.

One of the required parameters is tooltipContent (java.lang.String), but
unfortunatly my available tooltip content is inside a block. This block
contains some components as well, so I don't know, how to get that as a
String.

is there some way to get the whole rendered content of a block as a
String via ognl? something like
        tooltipContent="ognl:someBlock.content"/>

or another way to get the content?

Andy