Posted to dev@omid.apache.org by Igor Katkov <ka...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> on 2016/06/03 18:11:34 UTC

re[VOTE] Omid release branch 0.8.2.0 RC3

Hi,

New vote, same binaries, because links have changed.

Here's the Apache Omid 0.8.2.0 release candidate #3 now available for a vote
within dev community. This is the same RC3 as before, only binaries are uploaded to a new location since we can't yet upload them to dist/dev (ticket)

Changes from RC2
[+] binaries in apache maven
[*] java doc fixed
Links to various release artifacts are given below. Please review and vote.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours and until necessary number of
votes are reached.
[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1

Release notes for the 0.8.2.0 release:
http://people.apache.org/~daijy/omid-incubating-0.8.2.0/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Git tag for the release:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-omid.git/?p=incubator-omid.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/0.8.2.0-rc2

Sources for the release:
https://people.apache.org/~daijy/omid-incubating-0.8.2.0/apache-omid-incubating-0.8.2.0-src.tgz

Source release verification:
  PGP Signature:
https://people.apache.org/~daijy/omid-incubating-0.8.2.0/apache-omid-incubating-0.8.2.0-src.tgz.asc

  MD5 Hash:
https://people.apache.org/~daijy/omid-incubating-0.8.2.0/apache-omid-incubating-0.8.2.0-src.tgz.md5

  Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
https://people.apache.org/~daijy/omid-incubating-0.8.2.0/KEYS

Re: re[VOTE] Omid release branch 0.8.2.0 RC3

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
+1, I have run tests, checked NOTICE and LICENSE, run rat, checked the release notes.

I don't see any blocker at this point, although the rat warnings need to be addressed going forward. The release notes also contain all jiras related to setting up the project, which is not problematic, but I'm pointing out because they aren't jiras directly addressed in the artifact.

-Flavio

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
-1

All incubator releases must have a disclaimer.  See http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#notes-disclaimer

I found for files that still have Yahoo copyright headers:
./benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/omid/benchmarks/utils/Generator.java
./benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/omid/benchmarks/utils/IntegerGenerator.java
./benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/omid/benchmarks/utils/ScrambledZipfianGenerator.java
./benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/omid/benchmarks/utils/ZipfianGenerator.java

If we need to keep these with the Yahoo header than I think we need to put in the NOTICE file that this code includes code developed at Yahoo.  If we just missed these then we should put the standard Apache header on them.  See http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-license for details.

I haven’t finished this but sending now as I see Igor is closing the vote and moving it to the incubator list.

Alan.