Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org> on 2017/08/16 02:35:38 UTC

ICUFoldingFilter loading in IDE, but not jar ?!

In Intellij, when I run unit tests in my app that uses Lucene (6.6.0) and the ICUFoldingFilterFactory, I see 96 filter factories available via TokenFilterFactory.availableTokenFilters().  When I run the same code from a jar built with the maven shade plugin, and I confirm that the jar actually includes the icu classes, I only get 93 filter factories.

The missing factories are:

icufolding
icunormalizer2
icutransform

Any idea what's going on?

Thank you.

        Best,

                    Tim

RE: ICUFoldingFilter loading in IDE, but not jar ?!

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Yes,

as a TIKA contributor you should know this from your parsers! 😊

If you use the Maven Shade plugin, you have to enable the feature to "merge service definitions":
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/examples/resource-transformers.html#ServicesResourceTransformer

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler