Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Benno Evers <be...@mesosphere.com> on 2019/04/18 13:00:34 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 1.8.0 (rc2)

Hi all,

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos 1.8.0.

1.8.0 includes the following:
 * Greatly reduced allocator cycle time.
 * Operation feedback for v1 schedulers.
 * Per-framework minimum allocatable resources.
 * New CLI subcommands `task attach` and `task exec`.
 * New `linux/seccomp` isolator.
 * Support for Docker v2 Schema2 manifest format.
 * XFS quota for persistent volumes.
 * **Experimental** Support for the new CSI v1 API.

In addition, 1.8.0-rc2 includes the following changes:
 * Docker manifest v2s2 config with image GC.
 * Expanded `highlights` section in the CHANGELOG.

The CHANGELOG for the release is available at:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG;hb=1.8.0-rc2

The candidate for Mesos 1.8.0 release is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/1.8.0-rc2/mesos-1.8.0.tar.gz

The tag to be voted on is 1.8.0-rc2:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=commit;h=1.8.0-rc2

The SHA512 checksum of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/1.8.0-rc2/mesos-1.8.0.tar.gz.sha512

The signature of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/1.8.0-rc2/mesos-1.8.0.tar.gz.asc

The PGP key used to sign the release is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/mesos/KEYS

The JAR is in a staging repository here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemesos-1252

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Mesos 1.8.0!

The vote is open until Wednesday, April 24th and passes if a majority of at
least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Mesos 1.8.0

Benno and Joseph

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 1.8.0 (rc2)

Posted by Benno Evers <be...@mesosphere.com>.
[RESULT]

The voting period is over, and rc2 has *not* passed the vote with two +1
votes and one -1 vote.

I will call an rc3 vote after MESOS-9740 has been committed and backported
to the 1.8.x branch.

Thanks,
Benno

--
Benno Evers
Software Engineer, Mesosphere

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 1.8.0 (rc2)

Posted by Benno Evers <be...@mesosphere.com>.
[RESULT]

Posted by Joseph Wu <jo...@mesosphere.io>.
-1 (binding)

Posted by Joseph Wu <jo...@mesosphere.io>.
-1 (binding)

Posted by Andrei Budnik <ab...@mesosphere.io>.
+1

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Ran on ASF CI.

*Revision*: f5920ad1a7cbcd2423c30465dcf14948e392081b

   - refs/tags/1.8.0-rc2

Configuration Matrix gcc clang
centos:7 --verbose --disable-libtool-wrappers
--disable-parallel-test-execution --enable-libevent --enable-ssl autotools
[image: Success]
<https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Mesos/job/Mesos-Release/69/BUILDTOOL=autotools,COMPILER=gcc,CONFIGURATION=--verbose%20--disable-libtool-wrappers%20--disable-parallel-test-execution%20--enable-libevent%20--enable-ssl,ENVIRONMENT=GLOG_v=1%20MESOS_VERBOSE=1,OS=centos%3A7,label_exp=(docker%7C%7CHadoop)&&(!ubuntu-us1)&&(!ubuntu-eu2)/>
[image: Not run]
cmake
[image: Success]
<https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Mesos/job/Mesos-Release/69/BUILDTOOL=cmake,COMPILER=gcc,CONFIGURATION=--verbose%20--disable-libtool-wrappers%20--disable-parallel-test-execution%20--enable-libevent%20--enable-ssl,ENVIRONMENT=GLOG_v=1%20MESOS_VERBOSE=1,OS=centos%3A7,label_exp=(docker%7C%7CHadoop)&&(!ubuntu-us1)&&(!ubuntu-eu2)/>
[image: Not run]
--verbose --disable-libtool-wrappers --disable-parallel-test-execution
autotools
[image: Success]
<https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Mesos/job/Mesos-Release/69/BUILDTOOL=autotools,COMPILER=gcc,CONFIGURATION=--verbose%20--disable-libtool-wrappers%20--disable-parallel-test-execution,ENVIRONMENT=GLOG_v=1%20MESOS_VERBOSE=1,OS=centos%3A7,label_exp=(docker%7C%7CHadoop)&&(!ubuntu-us1)&&(!ubuntu-eu2)/>
[image: Not run]
cmake
[image: Success]
<https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Mesos/job/Mesos-Release/69/BUILDTOOL=cmake,COMPILER=gcc,CONFIGURATION=--verbose%20--disable-libtool-wrappers%20--disable-parallel-test-execution,ENVIRONMENT=GLOG_v=1%20MESOS_VERBOSE=1,OS=centos%3A7,label_exp=(docker%7C%7CHadoop)&&(!ubuntu-us1)&&(!ubuntu-eu2)/>
[image: Not run]
ubuntu:16.04 --verbose --disable-libtool-wrappers
--disable-parallel-test-execution --enable-libevent --enable-ssl autotools
[image: Success]
<https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Mesos/job/Mesos-Release/69/BUILDTOOL=autotools,COMPILER=gcc,CONFIGURATION=--verbose%20--disable-libtool-wrappers%20--disable-parallel-test-execution%20--enable-libevent%20--enable-ssl,ENVIRONMENT=GLOG_v=1%20MESOS_VERBOSE=1,OS=ubuntu%3A16.04,label_exp=(docker%7C%7CHadoop)&&(!ubuntu-us1)&&(!ubuntu-eu2)/>
[image: Success]
<https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Mesos/job/Mesos-Release/69/BUILDTOOL=autotools,COMPILER=clang,CONFIGURATION=--verbose%20--disable-libtool-wrappers%20--disable-parallel-test-execution%20--enable-libevent%20--enable-ssl,ENVIRONMENT=GLOG_v=1%20MESOS_VERBOSE=1,OS=ubuntu%3A16.04,label_exp=(docker%7C%7CHadoop)&&(!ubuntu-us1)&&(!ubuntu-eu2)/>
cmake
[image: Success]
<https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Mesos/job/Mesos-Release/69/BUILDTOOL=cmake,COMPILER=gcc,CONFIGURATION=--verbose%20--disable-libtool-wrappers%20--disable-parallel-test-execution%20--enable-libevent%20--enable-ssl,ENVIRONMENT=GLOG_v=1%20MESOS_VERBOSE=1,OS=ubuntu%3A16.04,label_exp=(docker%7C%7CHadoop)&&(!ubuntu-us1)&&(!ubuntu-eu2)/>
[image: Success]
<https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Mesos/job/Mesos-Release/69/BUILDTOOL=cmake,COMPILER=clang,CONFIGURATION=--verbose%20--disable-libtool-wrappers%20--disable-parallel-test-execution%20--enable-libevent%20--enable-ssl,ENVIRONMENT=GLOG_v=1%20MESOS_VERBOSE=1,OS=ubuntu%3A16.04,label_exp=(docker%7C%7CHadoop)&&(!ubuntu-us1)&&(!ubuntu-eu2)/>
--verbose --disable-libtool-wrappers --disable-parallel-test-execution
autotools
[image: Success]
<https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Mesos/job/Mesos-Release/69/BUILDTOOL=autotools,COMPILER=gcc,CONFIGURATION=--verbose%20--disable-libtool-wrappers%20--disable-parallel-test-execution,ENVIRONMENT=GLOG_v=1%20MESOS_VERBOSE=1,OS=ubuntu%3A16.04,label_exp=(docker%7C%7CHadoop)&&(!ubuntu-us1)&&(!ubuntu-eu2)/>
[image: Success]
<https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Mesos/job/Mesos-Release/69/BUILDTOOL=autotools,COMPILER=clang,CONFIGURATION=--verbose%20--disable-libtool-wrappers%20--disable-parallel-test-execution,ENVIRONMENT=GLOG_v=1%20MESOS_VERBOSE=1,OS=ubuntu%3A16.04,label_exp=(docker%7C%7CHadoop)&&(!ubuntu-us1)&&(!ubuntu-eu2)/>
cmake
[image: Success]
<https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Mesos/job/Mesos-Release/69/BUILDTOOL=cmake,COMPILER=gcc,CONFIGURATION=--verbose%20--disable-libtool-wrappers%20--disable-parallel-test-execution,ENVIRONMENT=GLOG_v=1%20MESOS_VERBOSE=1,OS=ubuntu%3A16.04,label_exp=(docker%7C%7CHadoop)&&(!ubuntu-us1)&&(!ubuntu-eu2)/>
[image: Success]
<https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Mesos/job/Mesos-Release/69/BUILDTOOL=cmake,COMPILER=clang,CONFIGURATION=--verbose%20--disable-libtool-wrappers%20--disable-parallel-test-execution,ENVIRONMENT=GLOG_v=1%20MESOS_VERBOSE=1,OS=ubuntu%3A16.04,label_exp=(docker%7C%7CHadoop)&&(!ubuntu-us1)&&(!ubuntu-eu2)/>

Posted by Andrei Budnik <ab...@mesosphere.io>.
+1

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)