Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/11/21 20:12:44 UTC

[drlvm][test] Smoke tests now use exlcusion lists

I've not changed the smoke tests to use exclusion lists rather than the
annotations.  More freedom and cleaner.

I've tested on linux x86 and linux x86_64.

It makes this much cleaner - you get a block of PASSES, or not.  It also
shows the list of tests that aren't being run.

Note, that we have on average  26 tests passing, and 45 excluded!

We need to figure out if the excluded tests should really be excluded -
I'll play with a few.

Note that I still have to test on windows, but I think I got it right.

geir

Re: [drlvm][test] Smoke tests now use exlcusion lists

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
thanks

Posted by Elena Semukhina <el...@gmail.com>.
On 11/22/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:

> I've not changed the smoke tests to use exclusion lists rather than the
> annotations.  More freedom and cleaner.
>
> I've tested on linux x86 and linux x86_64.
>
> It makes this much cleaner - you get a block of PASSES, or not.  It also
> shows the list of tests that aren't being run.
>
> Note, that we have on average  26 tests passing, and 45 excluded!
>
> We need to figure out if the excluded tests should really be excluded -
> I'll play with a few.

I've played with these tests. Actually only three of them demonstrate stable
failures:
io/Integers.java
stress/Finalizer.java
stress/Stack.java

Most of them stably pass and don't run too long but there are some
intermittent failures unfortunately.
I plan to run them in an intensive way to determine all issues and then
suggest a patch.

Thanks,
Elena

Note that I still have to test on windows, but I think I got it right.

> geir

Elena