Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Konstantin Iignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/06 20:31:51 UTC

3.0.1 localization question

Have strange problem with Tapestry 3.0.1:

Have couple of localized labels declared as <span key="login">Login</span>

And matching properties files login.properties and login_ru.properties

On a Border component there are couple of links that change Engine locale.

Problem #1: labels change on second page rendering ( even my other  locale aware components render themself fine);

Problem #2: Russian characters from login_ru.properties gets displayed as gibberish even the file is UTF8.

/Russian characters get displayed fine if I have them hardcoded on template/
What I do wrong and Where to look?

Konstantin Ignatyev

http://www.kgionline.com

PS: If this is a typical day on planet earth, humans will add fifteen million tons of carbon to the atmosphere, destroy 115 square miles of tropical rainforest, create seventy-two miles of desert, eliminate between forty to one hundred species, erode seventy-one million tons of topsoil, add 2.700 tons of CFCs to the stratosphere, and increase their population by 263.000

Bowers, C.A.  The Culture of Denial:
Why the Environmental Movement Needs a Strategy for Reforming Universities and Public Schools.
New York:  State University of New York Press, 1997: (4) (5) (p.206)