Posted to user@trafodion.apache.org by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com> on 2020/01/28 16:44:03 UTC

sequence underlying hbase resources?

Hi Trafodioneers,
I am designing a solution where I would like to use sequence to generate monotonically increasing ids. But I would like to have individual set of ids per customer.

Create table t (
Customer_id int not null,
T_id smallint not null,
Value float,
Primary key (customer_id,t_id));

So I want each customer_id to have its unique set of t_id.
I can create one sequence per unique customer_id, but I am afraid about what is the underlying hbase object used to create sequences:
Is each sequence created generating one hbase table, or do we have a single hbase table handling all sequences ever created?
Thanks in advance for the help,
Eric