Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by White Daniel E CONT DLVA <Wh...@NSWC.NAVY.MIL> on 2004/10/25 15:36:41 UTC

Validation Problem with Foreign Characters

I am trying to accept XML with some foreign characters in it:

Like this: Hållø Thære.  These are 8-bit, iso-8859-1 characters, ( e5, e6,
and f8 )

The XercesDOMParser's validator throws an exception that says "Invalid or
incomplete multibyte or wide character"

Any clues out there ?

Re: Validation Problem with Foreign Characters

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@progress.com>.
At 09.36 25/10/2004 -0400, White Daniel E CONT DLVA wrote:
>I am trying to accept XML with some foreign characters in it:
>
>Like this: Hållø Thære.  These are 8-bit, iso-8859-1 characters, ( e5, e6,
>and f8 )
>
>The XercesDOMParser's validator throws an exception that says "Invalid or
>incomplete multibyte or wide character"
>
>Any clues out there ?

Does your XML file start with <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> ?

Alberto