Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org> on 2009/02/19 03:51:44 UTC

Unable to attach assembly during release:perform.

Hi folks,

I've been working on this all day, and I'm no closer to getting it to
work than I was this morning.  I hope someone has that little tid-bit of
information that I'm clearly missing.

I have a multi-module project that is distributed in the form of a ZIP
file.  The assembly is built in a module of its own, with the
maven-assembly-plugin being bound to - originally the "package" phase,
but more recently the "deploy" phase.  (I found in the
maven-release-plugin documentation that the release:perform goal
executes the deploy and site-deploy goals, only.  Hence, the change to
the "deploy" phase.)

Additionally, the assembly plugin is located in a profile that I
activate when performing the release.  This is meant to prevent this
step from executing when a developer does a build.

I can execute this over and over again and successfully build the ZIP
file in testing, but as soon as I execute using the release plugin's
release:perform goal, the building and deployment of the ZIP file is
skipped.  I'm including the profile that contains my assembly plugin
configuration.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

PS - I added the specific version of assembly plugin because of another
problem I encountered for which I found a JIRA indicating that something
had broken in beta-2 that worked in beta-1 having to do with attachments.

    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>release</id>
            <build>
                <plugins>
                    <plugin>
                        <version>2.2-beta-1</version>
                        <configuration>
                            <descriptor>assembly.xml</descriptor>
                        </configuration>
                        <executions>
                            <execution>
                                <id>make-assembly</id>
                                <phase>deploy</phase>
                                <goals>
                                    <goal>attached</goal>
                                </goals>
                            </execution>
                        </executions>
                    </plugin>
                </plugins>
            </build>
        </profile>
    </profiles>

Re: Unable to attach assembly during release:perform.

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
Excellent!  Thanks!

Posted by Reinhard Nägele <Re...@mgm-tp.com>.
David,