Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by StrW_dev <r....@structweb.nl> on 2015/06/22 16:16:30 UTC

Replication as backup in SolrCloud

Hi,

I have a SolrCloud cluster in one data center, but as backup I want to have
a second (replicated) cluster in another data center.

What I want is to replicate to this second cluster, but I don't want my
queries to go to this cluster. Is this possible within SolrCloud? As now it
seems to replicate, but also distribute the query request to this replicated
server.

Gr

Re: Replication as backup in SolrCloud

Posted by Arcadius Ahouansou <ar...@menelic.com>.
Hello Gr.

We are in a similar situation to yours... and we are using

It is a small patch for the SolrJ client that can send all of your queries
to your main DC unless all nodes in the main DC are down.
Write/updates/delete and admin operations remain unchanged.

All you need is to come up with a regex describing the SolrCloud nodes in
your main DC and pass the regex to all of your SolrJ clients.

Hope this helps.

Arcadius.

On 15 November 2015 at 14:56, KNitin <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We built and open sourced haft precisely for such use cases.
> https://github.com/bloomreach/solrcloud-haft
>
> <https://github.com/bloomreach/solrcloud-haft> You can clone an entire
> cluster or selective collections between clusters. It has only been tested
> upto solr 4.10.
>
> Let me know if you run into issues
> Nitin
>
> On Monday, June 22, 2015, Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Currently, one is best off treating these as two separate clusters and
> > having your client send the data to both, or reproducing your
> > system-of-record and running your DCs completely separately.
> >
> > Hopefully soon, though, there'll be what you're asking for
> > active/passive DCs, see:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6273
> >
> > Best,
> > Erick
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 10:16 AM, StrW_dev <r.j.bamberg@structweb.nl
> > <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a SolrCloud cluster in one data center, but as backup I want to
> > have
> > > a second (replicated) cluster in another data center.
> > >
> > > What I want is to replicate to this second cluster, but I don't want my
> > > queries to go to this cluster. Is this possible within SolrCloud? As
> now
> > it
> > > seems to replicate, but also distribute the query request to this
> > replicated
> > > server.
> > >
> > > Gr
> > >

> > > --