Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/07 17:00:59 UTC

[Vote] Sandboxing DHCP protocol

Hi,

as I'm reviewing the configuration, and the documentation, I don't find
anything about DHCP protocol provider. A page on confluence gives some
information about it, but we have nothing about how to launch it, how to
configure it, and how to manage it.

I suggest that we sandbox this protocol provider untill we get some
documentation and some configuration for it.

[ ] +1 : Let's sandbox it
[ ] +/-0 : I don't know
[ ] -1 : Keep DHCP in the core server

Thanks !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [Vote] Sandboxing DHCP protocol

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
[X] +1 : Let's sandbox it

Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [Vote] Sandboxing DHCP protocol

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Ok, so far, we have had 5 +1, and no 0 or -1.

Let's sandbox it.

Thanks guys !

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 6/10/07, Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org> wrote:
> > [X] +1 : Let's sandbox it

MINA project team might be interested in maintaining the codec /
message class part of the sand-boxed protocol providers in the future.
 We are still busy improving MINA itself, so it will not happen right
now, but I believe we will implement many standard protocols on top of
MINA and provide them as MINA protocol codecs.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: [Vote] Sandboxing DHCP protocol

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
> [X] +1 : Let's sandbox it

Stefan Seelmann

Re: [Vote] Sandboxing DHCP protocol

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On 6/7/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as I'm reviewing the configuration, and the documentation, I don't find
> anything about DHCP protocol provider. A page on confluence gives some
> information about it, but we have nothing about how to launch it, how to
> configure it, and how to manage it.

Hmmm yeah you're right: it might not even be packaged with the server.
There
are no deps on it.  Early I liked the idea of having it in there but we
cannot leave
ourselves exposed without having the supporting documentation nor the
ability to engage users as a community.  Does the same situation exist
for NTP and DNS?

I suggest that we sandbox this protocol provider untill we get some
> documentation and some configuration for it.
>
> [X] +1 : Let's sandbox it
> [ ] +/-0 : I don't know
> [ ] -1 : Keep DHCP in the core server

Alex