Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com> on 2002/03/06 21:32:21 UTC

Does anyone know of a Tomcat 3.2.4 Memory Leak Problem?

This is probably a problem with our application, but does anyone know of any
possible misconfiguration or anything that will cause a very slow increase
in the amount of memory that Tomcat is using on Linux?  If nobody has had a
similar experience, what about possible solutions to tracking down the cause
of this slow memory usage increase?  We have hundreds of classes to search.
Is there a tool or anything to help us out?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Brandon

RE: Does anyone know of a Tomcat 3.2.4 Memory Leak Problem?

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
I am using Linux RedHat 7.1, Sun JDK 1.3.1_01.  Actually, it looks like it
has gone down a bit.  The memory was slowly growing all day today, up to
about 80MB for java.  It has gone back down a bit, so hopefully that means
that something (gc) is working.

Do those numbers sound right for an application that is mostly jsp's, and
usually has around 15-20 concurrent database connections?  Sessions are
stored for each user as well.

Maybe that's what I should be expecting???

Can you give a bit more information, Brandon?  Which Linux? What JVM?  Etc.?

Posted by Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <ca...@harbornet.com>.