Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com> on 2006/06/07 23:19:16 UTC

move login page to /roller-ui/login?

any object to me moving the login page out of the root context and under
the /roller-ui/ directory?  I'd also like to make it a struts action
rather than keep it as an isolated set of jsps.  there are a couple
reasons to do this ...

1. keep the root context urls as clean as possible, which is part of the
goal with the new urls.

2. login really only applies to the roller UI anyways, so it's a fairly
logical place for it to exist.

3. keeps all UI pages together under /roller-ui.  this is probably the
most important reason because at some point in the future i'd like
Roller to be easily capable of deploying the admin/authoring UI
separately from the weblog rendering UI.  that's just a nice feature for
larger sites that want to throw more complex config/tweaking at the
rendering layer, which chews up most of the traffic, while keeping the
admin/authoring layer separate.

objections?  thoughts?

-- Allen

Re: move login page to /roller-ui/login?

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.
well, it's supposed to be roller specific.  i wanted something
semi-cryptic as well so that it would be very unlikely to collide with a
possible weblog handle.

besides this is the part of the url scheme that nobody really sees anyways.

-- Allen

Posted by Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>.