Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Robert D. Morse" <rm...@mdesignz.com> on 2001/11/09 19:05:03 UTC

I give up!

I'm trying to get Tomcat 4.0.1 and Apache running together under Redhat
Linux 7.2, and frankly I don't have the time or patience to rummage through
hundreds of e-mail messages, FAQs and How-Tos.  I've managed to get prior
versions of Tomcat running, but this one baffles me (and seeing the over 500
email messages in a few days, I don't think I'm alone).  In any case, if
anyone is interested in helping, send me e-mail (rmorse@mdesignz.com) off
list and we'll work out a consulting arrangement.  We're in So. California
so it might be better for someone close to reply.  In turn, I'll pay whoever
helps me get this thing going, and I'll write up some steps for others who
are having as much fun as I am.

Thanks.

Re: I give up!

Posted by Thomas Burns <tb...@67systems.com>.
Pier posted a reply to my inquiry regarding this issue stating that
mod_webapp does not yet support the lack of a trailing '/' character on the
url.
and that their is no time frame for its implementation.

-Tom
Houston, TX

Posted by "Robert D. Morse" <rm...@mdesignz.com>.
Thanks Daniel.  In earlier versions of Tomcat, I would just create a root
context that would solve this.  I haven't played around with it in 4.0.1, so
I thought I'd ask before making attempts.  Thanks for your help!

-robert.

Posted by Daniel Seyffer <to...@seyffer.de>.
Hello Robert

[snip]
> Just last night, I got it "working" and noticed this.  Now I'm trying to
get
> my application working/deployed.  Before wasting a lot of time trying
> things, you probably know how to set this up.  Let's assume the following:
>
> ServerName: foo.bar.com
> Application is at: /var/www/bar

Hm, ok, as far as I know - and I'd call myself all but a real expert - and
what I can recall that I've done. ;)

- in httpd conf add:
WebAppConnection warpConnection warp    localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy    examples        warpConnection /examples/
WebAppDeploy    <your-app-name>          warpConnection /<your-app-path>/

- then probably not the most elegant but most simple solution IMHO is to
create a link in
/var/tomcat/webapps named <your-app-name> pointing to /var/www/bar.

> So, there's no subdirectory as in http://localhost/examples.  What are the
> proper warp entries in the httpd.conf, and does anything need to be
changed
> in the server.xml file?

- in the server.xml add a context statement for your app:

<!-- Tomcat Root Context -->
        <!--
          <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>
        -->

        <!-- Tomcat Manager Context -->
        <Context path="/manager" docBase="manager"
         debug="0" privileged="true"/>

// for example add a context here, just before the examples context

        <!-- your project -->
        <Context path="/<your-app-name>" docBase="<your-app-name>"
debug="0"/>
//

        <!-- Tomcat Examples Context -->
        <Context path="/examples" docBase="examples" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true">
[...]

> Thanks for all of your help.
>
> -robert.

Pleased if I could help you!

Greetings from the cold and rainy south of Germany... ;)
Daniel

[snip]

RE: I give up!

Re: I give up!