Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jean-Denis Giguere <jd...@fastmail.fm> on 2004/06/29 22:14:11 UTC

Variable label for sampler

I'm working on a test plan for web mapping server. I have to simulate
the user's zoom-in action. Currently, I use the __StringFromFile to
generate a variable CGI parameter.

The delay of the request is considerably dependant of this parameter and
it is almost necessery to know it to interpret the result. For this
reason I would like to have the requested URL on my .jtl log file.

I'm looking for a way to get this information on my log. I didn't see in
the documentation the possibility to save the request without saving the
  the result. saveResponseData save the request, but also the reponse
which is a quite big binary file (image).

I tried to put a variable in the name field of the HTTP Request sampler
(known as label on the log file) but I don't find a syntax that allow
substitution in this field.

I will really appriciate any hint to be able to log the url or at least
get my cgi parameter on the log.

Thanks for your attention,

--
Jean-Denis Giguère
Étudiant en géomatique appliquée à l'environnement

Re: Variable label for sampler

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Sure, ${varName} should work fine there.  Of course, you have to setup
that variable prior to the request, but you can do that via a User
Parameters pre processor that sets varName to the value of
__StringFromFile.

-Mike

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 16:14, Jean-Denis Giguere wrote:
> I'm working on a test plan for web mapping server. I have to simulate
> the user's zoom-in action. Currently, I use the __StringFromFile to
> generate a variable CGI parameter.
>
> The delay of the request is considerably dependant of this parameter and
> it is almost necessery to know it to interpret the result. For this
> reason I would like to have the requested URL on my .jtl log file.
>
> I'm looking for a way to get this information on my log. I didn't see in
> the documentation the possibility to save the request without saving the
>   the result. saveResponseData save the request, but also the reponse
> which is a quite big binary file (image).
>
> I tried to put a variable in the name field of the HTTP Request sampler
> (known as label on the log file) but I don't find a syntax that allow
> substitution in this field.
>
> I will really appriciate any hint to be able to log the url or at least
> get my cgi parameter on the log.
>
> Thanks for your attention,
>

> --
> Jean-Denis Giguère
> Étudiant en géomatique appliquée à l'environnement
> Université de Sherbrooke

Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>
Apache Software Foundation