Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/30 18:01:42 UTC

bundleplugin roadmap

Hi folks,

FYI, I've had a blitz on bundleplugin issues over the last day or so and
there are only two outstanding issues that I need to fix:

   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-684  -  Enable
excludeDependencies to check groupId, version, etc. rather than only
artifactId
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-912  -  Improve default
Export-Package / Private-Package settings by scanning the project source

The 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT bundleplugin now passes the complete classpath to Bnd, so
FELIX-684 will help people migrate by letting them remove dependencies from
this list according to scope, or name, etc. Btw, there are a few open issues
that are patched in trunk but have proposed changes that need to be fed back
into the Bnd Tool.

Hopefully it won't be long before the next release... which may be 1.6.0 or
possibly even 2.0.0 to make clear that there have been major changes.

So... if there are any changes/fixes you want in this release, please let me
know ASAP - I'll be deploying new snapshots periodically for testing.

--
Cheers, Stuart