Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/04 18:47:27 UTC

JIRA Issue MYFACES-1358

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the MyFaces list.  Most of my work at this point as been on
the Trinidad incubator project.  As I am very familiar with portals and
was looking at making some enhancements to the Bridge Portlet in order
to solve some issues with Trinidad, I decided to take a quick gander at
some of the MyFaces issues to see if I can help solve some of those
issues as well.

Issue Jira issue MYFACES-1358 is not a problem with the MyFaces Portal
Bridge, rather it's an issue with the GridSphere Portal's implementation
of JSR-168.  The GridShphere portal does not return a valid namespace
according to the JSR-168 API specification for
RenderRequest.getNamespace() which clearly states:

"The value returned by this method should be prefixed or appended to
elements, such as JavaScript variables or function names, to ensure they
are unique in the context of the portal page."

Apparently the GridSphere Portal returns a namespace that contains
characters like "#"  which are not sufficient for this purpose.
Namespaces need to be valid as both a prefix AND a suffix to element
id's, javascript variables, and function names as defined by the W3C and
ECMA.

What is the process for closing or returning this bug.  Is there one?

Scott O'Bryan

Re: JIRA Issue MYFACES-1358

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Yah.  My point was simply that it's not a MyFaces issue.  Apparently
GridSphere works and that's cool, but even if it didn't, it's still not
a MyFaces issue.  :)

It's okay though.  I think we've beaten the dead horse.

Scott

Re: JIRA Issue MYFACES-1358

Posted by Marcus Christie <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sure, just did this.