Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com> on 2001/08/27 21:51:31 UTC

Strange Number format exception

A couple people have posted about this strange exception, but it has never
been answered.  Does anyone know what causes this exception below?  This is
being thrown every couple minutes, even when there is no access to the site.

2001-08-27 02:04:14 - ContextManager: Error reading request, ignored -
java.lang
.NumberFormatException: 3379

Any info would be appreciated!

Brandon

Re: Strange Number format exception

Posted by Saadat Ahmed <sa...@sympatico.ca>.
I believe this is result of casting or converting a string to an integer
where the string is not an integer

For example somwhere in the program you would have
String str = "456";        // this is suppose to be integers but the
exception is raised if they are not and Java tries to convert them to
integers.
                                    // meaning you might have String str =
"blahblah";
Integer num = new Integer (str);    // this conversion will rais the
NumberFormatException.

saadat.