Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by neal cabage <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/29 01:29:18 UTC

DefaultHost

What is the purpose of defining a host as default host?  I mean, if you have several hosted websites (each tied to its own host) why would you even want to declare one to be the "default"?  Where can I find information on the implications of declaring one to be "default"?

Thanks

Neal

Re: DefaultHost

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Declaring one as "default" is a way of guaranteeing that Tomcat will answer
all requests even if it receives one that doesn't match a Host element.

This is nothing unusual, it is no different than what Apache does...Apache
has a global ServerName, which serves requests that can't be assigned to
any VirtualHosts.

John