Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by babloosony <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/22 08:31:59 UTC

AXIS 1.2 RC2 and AXIS 1.1 RC2 and WebSphere 4.0

Hi All,

I am planning to deploy AXIS 1.1 RC2 on WebSphere 4.0.

We have developed a generic framework that can generate wsdl's with
schemas if you feed the (non)ejb classes that need to be exposed as
web services.

However the same has been achieved usign AXIS 1.2 RC2 since lot of
bugs related to schema operations have been fixed between AXIS 1.1 RC2
and AXIS 1.2 RC2

But since I want to eventually deploy web services and AXIS on
WebSphere 4.0 and AXIS 1.2 RC2 cannot be deployed in WebSphere 4.0
since AXIS 1.2 RC2 web.xml uses listerners (<listener> tags in
web.xml)  that are not avaible for Servlet 2.2 Specification supported
by J2EE 1.2 which is only version supported by WebSphere 4.0.

I tried to deploy AXIS 1.2 RC2 on WebSphere 4.0 but it is not working.

Can anyone share their ideas on this topic and how can I successfully
deploy my framework WSDL's and web services using AXIS 1.2 RC2 and
WebSphere 4.0

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar.