Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Xie Xin Hong <XI...@StratechSystems.com> on 2002/04/10 13:08:54 UTC

Unable to run command

hi , all,

   I am Xindice newbie. I installed Xindice on Win NT 4.0. Installation was
successful and message seems correct when started Xindice. I am also able to
read docs through brower by using url: http://localhost:4080/.
   the problem is i am not able to run any xindice command even the the
simple command like: "xindiceadmin shutdown". Every time I got the help
message displayed on screen. following are messages , please help. Thanks in
advance.

------- command and messages  -------

D:\xml-xindice-1.0\bin>xindiceadmin ac -c /db -n addressbook

Xindice Command Tools v1.0

Format: xindice action [switch] [parameter]

Where:  [switch]  implements:
    -c           Collection context (must always be specified)
    -e           File extension for multiple documents
    -f           File path for document retrieval and storage
    -i           Implementing Class for XMLObjects
    -n           Name
    -o           URI String for invocation of XMLObject
    -p           Index pattern
    -q           Query string
    -u           Database URI
    -y           Force Deletion process
    -t           Specify the data type in collection index
    --pagesize   Page size for file pages (default: 4096)
    --maxkeysize The maximum size for file keys (default: 0=none)

Actions:

    xindice [parameter], etc...

    ac           Adds a collection/nested collection
    dc           Deletes a collection/Nested collection
    import       Creates a collection/document from a directory tree
    ao           Adds an XMLObject to the collection
    do           Deletes an XMLObject from a collection
    li           Retrieves a list of Indexers on a Collection
    ad           Adds a document
    addmultiple  Adds multiple documents
    dd           Deletes a document
    lc           Retrieves a collection/nested collection list
    rd           Retrieves a document for storage elsewhere
    ld           Retrieves a list of documents in a particular collection
    invoke       Invokes an XML Object on a collection
    lo           Retrieves an XMLObject list from a collection
    xpath        Queries a Collection using XPath
    export       Exports a collection/document from a directory tree
    shutdown     Shuts down the Xindice Server

Examples:

    xindice ad -c /db/test -f /tmp/xmldocument -n myxmldocument
    xindice dd -c /db/test -n myxmldocument
    xindice rd -c /db/test/ocs -f a:\file.xml -n file.xml
    xindice xpath -c /db/test/ocs -q test

For more information, please read the Xindice - Tools Reference Guide
--------------  end of message   ---------

best regards
xin hong

Re: Unable to run command