Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2013/08/07 21:33:32 UTC

Re: release 1.7.5 soon?

I'm working through the Patch Available issues targeted for 1.7.5
today, committing those that seem ready.  Then I'll try to roll an RC.

The list is:

http://s.apache.org/Avro175PA

There are several Python issues that I don't feel competent to review.
 Can anyone help?

Doug

Re: release 1.7.5 soon?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM, Jeremy Kahn <tr...@trochee.net> wrote:
> Nevertheless, backwards-compatibility objections have been raised to some
> of the patches I'd offered, and I want to acknowledge that those objections
> are probably valid and should push those tickets off to 1.8.0.

I set these to 1.8.0.  Thanks!

Doug

Re: release 1.7.5 soon?

Posted by Jeremy Kahn <tr...@trochee.net>.
I'm not a committer, but I'll comment that most of those python issues are
mine.

Nevertheless, backwards-compatibility objections have been raised to some
of the patches I'd offered, and I want to acknowledge that those objections
are probably valid and should push those tickets off to 1.8.0.

Alas, I have not had time to address these backwards compatibility
concerns, and I don't want to block the 1.7.5 rc.

Jeremy