Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de> on 2004/10/11 01:18:59 UTC

Fwd: Apache mirror resource usage

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Tonny Yu" <to...@mailshell.com>
> Date: 7. Oktober 2004 22:53:28 MESZ
> Subject: Apache mirror resource usage
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> I see you replying to Apache mirror requests so I hope you might be
> able to
> help.
>
> I would like to become an Apache mirror but I would like to know what
> resource load to expect:
> - What is the bandwidth usage
> - What is the # downloads/sec (a typical graph for a week would be
> nice)
> - Can I distribute the load to several networks?
> - If I exceed my quota, can I redirect to another network or suspend?
> - Do I have any control over the load?
>
> Thanks.
>
> 	Tonny

Tonny,

I'm not able to provide any detailed statistics but some of the mirror
administrators subscribed to the mirrors mailing list (cc'ed) reported
some useful stats in the past. Have a look at the mailing list archives
[1] or see the following URL for the statistics of a random US mirror:

   http://mirrors.xtria.com/awstats/awstats.pl?config=mirrors.xtria.com

Maybe someone can come up with some other stats or even help you with
some of your other questions.

Cheers,
Erik

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listId=147