Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Bertrand Tignon <be...@capgemini.com> on 2005/02/25 12:08:50 UTC

slide files

Hello !

I'm using Slide, or better, I'm learning how to use Slide.

I have two questions :

First, I don't understand where files are stored : I use DavExplorer and I can see some files I stored, but where are there in real ? in a database ?
When I do a "windows search" in my slide folder of one of these files, it doesn't find anything.

Second, I wanted to use a database, so I used JDBCStore in my domain.xml but there was an error with the use of PUT (even in DAV Explorer I was not able to put a file). Why ?

Thanx a lot for your help.

Bertrand.

Here is my domain.xml :
            <store name="tx">
                <parameter name="tlock-timeout">120</parameter>
                <nodestore classname="org.apache.slide.store.txfile.TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore">
                    <parameter name="rootpath">store/metadata</parameter>
                    <parameter name="workpath">work/metadata</parameter>
                    <parameter name="defer-saving">true</parameter>
                    <parameter name="timeout">120</parameter>
                </nodestore>
                <sequencestore classname="org.apache.slide.store.txfile.FileSequenceStore">
                    <parameter name="rootpath">store/sequence</parameter>
                </sequencestore>
                <securitystore>
                    <reference store="nodestore"/>
                </securitystore>
                <lockstore>
                    <reference store="nodestore"/>
                </lockstore>
                <revisiondescriptorsstore>
                    <reference store="nodestore"/>
                </revisiondescriptorsstore>
                <revisiondescriptorstore>
                    <reference store="nodestore"/>
                </revisiondescriptorstore>
                <contentstore classname="org.apache.slide.store.txfile.TxFileContentStore">
                    <parameter name="rootpath">store/content</parameter>
                    <parameter name="workpath">work/content</parameter>
                    <parameter name="defer-saving">true</parameter>
                    <parameter name="timeout">120</parameter>
                </contentstore>
            </store>
            <scope match="/" store="tx"/>

Re: slide files

Posted by Edmund Urbani <em...@liland.org>.
Bertrand Tignon wrote:

>Hello !
>
>I'm using Slide, or better, I'm learning how to use Slide.
>
>I have two questions :
>
>First, I don't understand where files are stored : I use DavExplorer and I can see some files I stored, but where are there in real ? in a database ?
>When I do a "windows search" in my slide folder of one of these files, it doesn't find anything.
>
>Second, I wanted to use a database, so I used JDBCStore in my domain.xml but there was an error with the use of PUT (even in DAV Explorer I was not able to put a file). Why ?
>
>Thanx a lot for your help.
>
>Bertrand.
>
>Here is my domain.xml :
>            <store name="tx">
>                <parameter name="tlock-timeout">120</parameter>
>                <nodestore classname="org.apache.slide.store.txfile.TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore">
>                    <parameter name="rootpath">store/metadata</parameter>
>                    <parameter name="workpath">work/metadata</parameter>
>                    <parameter name="defer-saving">true</parameter>
>                    <parameter name="timeout">120</parameter>
>                </nodestore>
>                <sequencestore classname="org.apache.slide.store.txfile.FileSequenceStore">
>                    <parameter name="rootpath">store/sequence</parameter>
>                </sequencestore>
>                <securitystore>
>                    <reference store="nodestore"/>
>                </securitystore>
>                <lockstore>
>                    <reference store="nodestore"/>
>                </lockstore>
>                <revisiondescriptorsstore>
>                    <reference store="nodestore"/>
>                </revisiondescriptorsstore>
>                <revisiondescriptorstore>
>                    <reference store="nodestore"/>
>                </revisiondescriptorstore>
>                <contentstore classname="org.apache.slide.store.txfile.TxFileContentStore">
>                    <parameter name="rootpath">store/content</parameter>
>                    <parameter name="workpath">work/content</parameter>
>                    <parameter name="defer-saving">true</parameter>
>                    <parameter name="timeout">120</parameter>
>                </contentstore>
>            </store>
>            <scope match="/" store="tx"/>

I'm still a slide newbie myself, but I think I can at least answer No1:
I assume you're using the tomcat+slide 2.1 default setup, like I did.
You might want to check your tomcat/bin directory.

 Edmund

RE: slide files

Posted by chaitanya <na...@v2solutions.com>.
Hi bertrand,

i used slide for our project i think i have some knowledge in that,
for your first question the slide files are stored under

<nodestore
classname="org.apache.slide.store.txfile.TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore">
                    <parameter name="rootpath">store/metadata</parameter>
                    <parameter name="workpath">work/metadata</parameter>
                    <parameter name="defer-saving">true</parameter>
                    <parameter name="timeout">120</parameter>
                </nodestore>

it here where your files would be placed, i.e store/metadata u can specify
where the files u want to store here for eg i would like to store in
c:\someDir\store/metadata.

then i would configure like this,

<nodestore
classname="org.apache.slide.store.txfile.TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore">
                    <parameter
name="rootpath">c:/someDir/store/metadata</parameter>
                    <parameter
name="workpath">c:/someDir/work/metadata</parameter>
                    <parameter name="defer-saving">true</parameter>
                    <parameter name="timeout">120</parameter>
</nodestore>

<contentstore classname="org.apache.slide.store.txfile.TxFileContentStore">
                    <parameter
name="rootpath">c:/someDir/store/metadata</parameter>
                    <parameter
name="workpath">c:/someDir/work/metadata</parameter>
                    <parameter name="defer-saving">true</parameter>
                    <parameter name="timeout">120</parameter>
                </contentstore>

and after u configure u can see that the files would be present under
c:/someDir/store/content/files
hope this solutions would have got your answer,

i didn't use the database for storing so i don't know what is happening,

thanks & regards
Chaitu.

[...]

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person
to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,  you are not
authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,  distribute, or use
this message or any part thereof. If you receive this  message in error,