Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2012/11/15 18:35:10 UTC

[MENTORS] Are we ready to vote on graduation?

Hi Mentors,

Is it ok to start the vote on graduation?

Do we need an official [DISCUSS] thread first?  The “Steps to graduate” thread sort of served as that, IMO.

Do we complete the vote, then have another vote on the charter or can we roll it all into one vote?  I think we pretty much know who is going to be kept from the current PPMC.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.
http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

Re: [MENTORS] Are we ready to vote on graduation?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 11/16/12 2:08 AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bd...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
>> ...Is it ok to start the vote on graduation?...
>
> From the steps listed at
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html I see three things
> missing:
>
> 1) Update the status file at
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/flex.html (via
> https://cms.apache.org/incubator/)
> That might prompt other issues, haven't looked at the details yet.
OK, I have figure out how to edit it, so I will do so this weekend.

> 2) Finalize the list of committers and PMC members, leaving enough
> time for people to "raise their hand" after your call of this week
>
> 3) Vote on the proposed graduation resolution
>
> Once that's done, and unless others see more, the resolution can be
> passed on to the Incubator PMC for voting.

OK, I will finalize the resolution and start a vote on it Sunday evening my
time.  That should be enough time for anyone else to raise their hand.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
> ...Is it ok to start the vote on graduation?...

>From the steps listed at
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html I see three things
missing:

1) Update the status file at
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/flex.html (via
https://cms.apache.org/incubator/)
That might prompt other issues, haven't looked at the details yet.

2) Finalize the list of committers and PMC members, leaving enough
time for people to "raise their hand" after your call of this week

3) Vote on the proposed graduation resolution

Once that's done, and unless others see more, the resolution can be
passed on to the Incubator PMC for voting.

-Bertrand