Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Giovanni Toraldo <me...@gionn.net> on 2015/01/22 15:03:37 UTC

Always getting high-end instance on EC2 when selecting HVM in TemplateBuilder

Hi,

since the new requirements for new T2 instances on EC2, I was trying
to select an image using TemplateBuilder to suit them.

First, I need to use a VPC, so I've set a subnetId instead of a security group.

Secondly, the instance should be HVM and not paravirt, so I've set:

templateBuilder.osArchMatches(VirtualizationType.HVM.toString());

This seems to work since I've got an HVM template, but unfortunately I
get an high-end instance (i2.xlarge), even with low cpu and ram specs.

The source code of a failing test case is here:

https://gist.github.com/gionn/b0102fe26f1172ada782

Using jclouds 1.8.2-SNAPSHOT

Any hints?

--