Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 1997/12/17 04:38:28 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-site/dist .htaccess

marc@hyperreal.org wrote:

> marc        97/12/16 19:04:47
>
>   Added:       dist     .htaccess
>   Log:
>   Add a htaccess file with some descriptions of the files; may as
>   well use the space...

Bravo!  Excellent idea.

#ken	P-)}

Re: cvs commit: apache-site/dist .htaccess

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
I don't think it checks anything but the last component.  There's a PR
about this, really early on.

Dean

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> marc@hyperreal.org wrote:
> >
> > marc        97/12/16 19:04:47
> >
> >   Added:       dist     .htaccess
> >   Log:
> >   Add a htaccess file with some descriptions of the files; may as
> >   well use the space...
>
> Bravo!  Excellent idea.

Now all I need is a shortcut for referring to file foo in the _current_
directory and only the current directory without putting the whole silly
path in.  Grr.

Actually, it would be nice to be able to use something like a dbm file if
you wanted descriptions to be really useful.  But no one does since they
aren't used much by most people.

Oh, and a magic way to extend the description length.  <g>