Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by "Kerridge, Jon" <J....@napier.ac.uk> on 2020/11/24 16:44:09 UTC

Accessing groovyx.net.http.*

Hi,
I am trying to get the examples from Chapter15 of GiNA2 (Interacting with Webservices) working in groovy3.0.6.

I have a Gradle build which contains a reference to the repository:
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.codehaus.groovy.modules.http-builder/http-builder

and a dependency

compile 'org.codehaus.groovy.modules.http-builder:http-builder:0.7.2'

for which I get the error

  *   Could not GET 'https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.codehaus.groovy.modules.http-builder/http-builder/org/codehaus/groovy/modules/http-builder/http-builder/0.7.2/http-builder-0.7.2.pom'. Received status code 403 from server: Forbidden
I know that everything has got moved with the move to Apache. I just cannot find the correct place to get the library from.
Any help very gratefully received.

Jon

Jon Kerridge PhD FBCS FHEA CITP CEng
Emeritus Professor of Computing
School of Computing
Edinburgh Napier University
Merchiston Campus
10 Colinton Road
Edinburgh
EH10 5DT

j.kerridge@napier.ac.uk<ma...@napier.ac.uk>

This message and its attachment(s) are intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be read, copied, disclosed, forwarded or relied upon by any person other than the intended addressee(s) without the permission of the sender. If you are not the intended addressee you must not take any action based on this message and its attachment(s) nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please respond to the sender and ensure that this message and its attachment(s) are deleted.

It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and its attachment(s) are scanned for viruses or other defects. Edinburgh Napier University does not accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from this message or its attachment(s), or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Emails entering Edinburgh Napier University's system are subject to routine monitoring and filtering by Edinburgh Napier University.

Edinburgh Napier University is a registered Scottish charity. Registration number SC018373

BSL users can contact us via contactSCOTLAND-BSL, the on-line British Sign Language interpreting service. Find out more on the contactSCOTLAND website.

RE: Accessing groovyx.net.http.*

Posted by "Kerridge, Jon" <J....@napier.ac.uk>.
Hi,
Thanks this did work.
Jon

Posted by Mariusz W <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Try add jcenter do repos in build.gradle and it works for 0.7.2
I have:

plugins {
    id 'groovy'
}

group 'org.example'
version '1.0-SNAPSHOT'

repositories {
    jcenter()
    mavenCentral()
}

Posted by Søren Berg Glasius <so...@glasius.dk>.
Hi Jon,

You could try https://github.com/http-builder-ng/http-builder-ng - I'm not
sure if it works with 3.0.x but it is the successor of http-builder. It is
however, too bad that it has gone dormant, but perhaps someone will pick it
up and continue to develop it.

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen,
Søren Berg Glasius

Hedevej 1, Gl. Rye, 8680 Ry, Denmark
Mobile: +45 40 44 91 88, Skype: sbglasius