Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Filipe Santos <Fi...@coollink.pt> on 2014/06/17 18:14:33 UTC

Remove unused routes and links

Hi

I have this scenario:

Two federated qpid A and B, in different machines, with routes ( and links) between them.

Without deleting any configuration I've remove qpid B  and added a qpid C.

>From this moment I couldn't configure qpid C with routes between A and C because qpid A was returning an error  complaining the routes between A and B.
Routes from A and B couldn't no longer be deleted because A was not finding B anymore.
I got stuck until I've reconnected B, erased all the routes and links from A to B, removed B, reconnected C and configured C.
Shouldn't it be a way of forcing the deletion of routes without one being present?

Best,
Filipe Santos

Re: Remove unused routes and links

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 06/17/2014 05:14 PM, Filipe Santos wrote:
> I have this scenario:
>
> Two federated qpid A and B, in different machines, with routes ( and links) between them.
>
> Without deleting any configuration I've remove qpid B  and added a qpid C.
>
>  From this moment I couldn't configure qpid C with routes between A and C because qpid A was returning an error  complaining the routes between A and B.

Could you give a bot more detail on the steps you took and the error you
saw?

> Routes from A and B couldn't no longer be deleted because A was not finding B anymore.
> I got stuck until I've reconnected B, erased all the routes and links from A to B, removed B, reconnected C and configured C.
> Shouldn't it be a way of forcing the deletion of routes without one being present?

The fact that certain routes to some other broker are disconnected (due
to that other broker being offline) should certainly not have any effect
on adding new routes to a different broker.