Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by neda <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/25 20:44:47 UTC

adding a field to the index

Hi everyone,

I am new to nutch and am stuck at what seems a very simple edit. Someone
please help me see what step I am missing.

My end goal is to add a new field to my index. So tried to add some code to
index-more plugin. In MoreIndexingFilter.java

To start, all im trying to do is to add a constant field to the index and
see the change but that is not happening.Here's what I did:

- added the below line to the file MoreIndexingFilter.java within the method
addType.

    doc.add(new Field("category", "puppies", Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));

- ran ant from nutch_home

- removed the old index folder from crawl/indexes

- ran bin/nutch index crawl/indexes crawl/crawldb crawl/linkdb
crawl/segments/*

Then when I look at my new index using Luke I don't see the field
"category". All the other fields that MoreIndexingFilter adds are there (
like primarytype ).

What am I not doing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: adding a field to the index

Posted by neda <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Aaaaahh! thank you so much. Finally got my field added. :)

Posted by Sebastian Steinmetz <s....@mederi-research.de>.