Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/29 03:43:31 UTC

Unable to find Traceable or FileUtils when Making Javadocs.

This issue probably well known but when I compile the subversion
version, I see a lot of the following errors:

  [javadoc] Constructing Javadoc information...
  [javadoc] C:\data\workspaces\eclipse\muse\temp\muse-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT-src\muse-wsa-soap\src\org\apache\muse\ws\addressing\soap\SoapClient.java:21:
cannot find symbol
  [javadoc] symbol  : class Traceable
  [javadoc] location: package org.apache.muse.util
  [javadoc] import org.apache.muse.util.Traceable;
  [javadoc]                             ^
  [javadoc] C:\data\workspaces\eclipse\muse\temp\muse-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT-src\muse-core\src\org\apache\muse\core\AbstractEnvironment.java:30:
cannot find symbol
  [javadoc] symbol  : class FileUtils
  [javadoc] location: package org.apache.muse.util
  [javadoc] import org.apache.muse.util.FileUtils;

--
David Medinets
Afffy Agile Advice & Coding

Writing tested complex code, so you don't have to!

Re: Unable to find Traceable or FileUtils when Making Javadocs.

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
They're not really errors - we left out the JavaDoc for those classes or
interfaces that we did not want to support as 'public APIs' (guaranteed
backwards compatibility across minor versions). You could probably make an
argument for including Traceable, since it's included in the SoapClient
API. But FileUtils and anything not in the JavaDoc can be changed.

Dan

"David Medinets" <da...@gmail.com> wrote on 10/28/2006 10:43:31
PM: