Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org> on 2020/07/15 01:31:38 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC3) release

Hi,

I was taking a look your your release and noticed a couple of files with "Copyright (c) 2017-2018 Uber Technologies, Inc." in them, but this is not mentioned in your LICENSE file. Is there a reason for this?

You might also consider fixing your NOTICE file to include the year of release. Copyright, while it lasts for some time, is not forever.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC3) release

Posted by Ajantha Bhat <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,
Thanks for pointing it out about the "Copyright (c) 2017-2018 Uber
Technologies, Inc."

I see that *two test files* in *pycarbon* module of carbondata has it.
As pycarbon depends on open source Apache license *uber's petastrom*
project.
These two testcase files were imported from that project has this.

It is an error. we will remove it.

Thanks,
Ajantha