Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Danny Ayers <da...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/02 17:27:45 UTC

Re: Fuseki security : ACL, https etc.

On Mon, 27 Sept 2021 at 21:05, Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@atomgraph.com>
wrote:

> Danny,
>
> Have you checked
> https://jena.apache.org/documentation/fuseki2/fuseki-security.html

Yes, thanks, but so far only really looked at wide open...

> Re. the first part, your Fuseki runs on http:// but your links lead to
> https://. If you fix the links to be http://, the data from Fuseki
> will still not load because the browser will not load insecure content
> for a secure page.
>
> So yes you need to put Fuseki on https:// and you need a certificate
> for it.

Right. Oddly there does seem to be a loophole (bug) somewhere with Chrome,
my minimal bookmarking app was doing updates to the store without running
into the insecure-inside-secure browser thing. I haven't been able to
isolate why those scripts work and others don't - some fluke.

> You can get them free using LetsEncrypt:
> https://letsencrypt.org/

That is very useful information!

Kind-of ironically, I'd set up hyperdata.it with a pay-for cert from the
DNS co. I use, gandi.net. It looked ok as https in the browser.
I was trying to get an old server-side Java app running, an RSS aggregator.
Some obscure problems, so cut the list down to just my blog, allegedly
https://hyperdata.it/blog. Got an error from Java complaining of an
incomplete cert chain.
Spent *ages* trying to figure out the right combo of cert files in Apache,
no joy.
So tried letsencrypt.org via certbot.
Initial silliness thanks to XAMPP dir layout (needed sudo certbot
--apache-ctl /opt/lampp/bin/apachectl), but then it Just Worked.

So I've still a little fiddling to do, but solution seems in sight: I think
I'll put a cert on fuseki.hyperdata.it, tweak DNS & have Apache do a rev
proxy to :3030.

> If you want to consider AWS, we are currently working on pre-packaged
> Fuseki that takes one click to install, with HTTPS and all.
> https://twitter.com/namedgraph/status/1442497225444126722

That will be a very pleasing thing!

Many thanks.

btw, atomgraph.com appears to be timing out.

Cheers,
Danny.

--
----

Posted by Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@atomgraph.com>.
Thanks Danny. atomgraph.com should be back up now.

BTW this is probably a better link in hindsight:
https://jena.apache.org/documentation/fuseki2/fuseki-data-access-control.html

It seems to overlap with the shiro functionality, but has more features.

Posted by Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@atomgraph.com>.
Hi Danny,

As promised, pre-packaged Fuseki for AWS:
https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/prodview-vlw4v7stfhqsu