Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org> on 2021/06/22 14:56:49 UTC

IGNITE-14812: Statistics

Hello, Igniters.

Recently huge commit was merged [1].

Taras, Alexander, can you, please, explain what is purpose of the commit?
What feature it implemented?

Looked inside the ticket and found no explanation.
Description is "Add statistics collection and usage.»

Do we have plans to document this new feature?

Also, I see very strange license in added files [2]

```
 * Copyright 2013 Aggregate Knowledge, Inc.
 *
```

Is it OK to have those copyright inside ASF codebase?
Is it some kind of external dependency we adopted as part of the code?
Why do we need it?

[1] https://github.com/apache/ignite/commit/503a98495433e1d0cf84f8be8c1e2adc57034fbb
[2] https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/modules/indexing/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/internal/processors/query/stat/hll/serialization/IHLLMetadata.java

Re: IGNITE-14812: Statistics

Posted by Nikita Safonov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hello Igniters,

The PR with latest documentation on SQL statistics is here:
https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/9550

Regards,
Nikita

Re: IGNITE-14812: Statistics

Posted by Nikita Safonov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hello Igniters,

Re: IGNITE-14812: Statistics

Posted by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@gmail.com>.

--
Sincerely yours, Ivan Daschinskiy

Re: IGNITE-14812: Statistics

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Taras,

Re: IGNITE-14812: Statistics

Posted by Taras Ledkov <tl...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

--
Taras Ledkov

Re: IGNITE-14812: Statistics

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Hello, Taras.

Re: IGNITE-14812: Statistics

Posted by Taras Ledkov <tl...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

Re: IGNITE-14812: Statistics

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Dmitry,

Re: IGNITE-14812: Statistics

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi Nikolai,

thank you for noticing. I guess it's not about license, but about Intellectual Property (IP) ownership.

AFAIK, Apache License 2.0 is here and AL 2.0 is definetely allowed to be used in the codebase for an Apache project (https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html)