Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Dr. Michael Lipp" <Mi...@danet.de> on 2006/06/30 10:04:12 UTC

How are decorations/layouts located

Hi,

I want to make a new style based on tigris (basically, I just want to
adjust the header and some CSS settings).

I wonder if this is possible without copying the complete tigris tree.
The documentation about decorators says

    "Individual decoartions are housed in thier own
     directories underneath these two directories. The name of the
     directory you create for under either layout or portlet is how
     Jetspeed will locate your decoration. We will go into further
     detail on how this works later on in this guide."

Well, "later" in this case refers to the future, not to a subsequent
part of the document ;-). Before I start digging in the sources: can
somebody describe the lookup algorithms for the decoration files within
the tree? Does it include using a "fallback", i.e. a "path of styles"?
This would ease the creation of "derived" styles tremendously.

Regards,

    Michael

Re: How are decorations/layouts located

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Philip Mark Donaghy wrote:
> Hi Michael, jetspeed finds the theme and portlet decorators in
> decorations/layout and decorations/portlet. I looked into the
> implementation and I can't say that I remember seeing a fallback
> logic.

There is fallback logic, but it fallsback  from language, country code,
media type (see JetspeedTemplateLocator.java)
The fallback does not go past the decorator directory (i.e. tigris)

Re: How are decorations/layouts located

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael, jetspeed finds the theme and portlet decorators in
decorations/layout and decorations/portlet. I looked into the
implementation and I can't say that I remember seeing a fallback
logic.

Phil

On 6/30/06, Dr. Michael Lipp <Mi...@danet.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to make a new style based on tigris (basically, I just want to
> adjust the header and some CSS settings).
>
> I wonder if this is possible without copying the complete tigris tree.
> The documentation about decorators says
>
>     "Individual decoartions are housed in thier own
>      directories underneath these two directories. The name of the
>      directory you create for under either layout or portlet is how
>      Jetspeed will locate your decoration. We will go into further
>      detail on how this works later on in this guide."
>
> Well, "later" in this case refers to the future, not to a subsequent
> part of the document ;-). Before I start digging in the sources: can
> somebody describe the lookup algorithms for the decoration files within
> the tree? Does it include using a "fallback", i.e. a "path of styles"?
> This would ease the creation of "derived" styles tremendously.
>
> Regards,
>
>     Michael

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy