Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2006/03/28 16:20:20 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] requestbody size limitation with apache

> I am trying to send a big xml file to tomcat through http server .
>
> But I am not able receive the total xml file at Tomcat.
>
> Some of the xml body is missing, but I am not able find any logs at http server.
>
> Is there any limitation on request body at http server?

Yes, but the apache limits (LimitRequestBody and LimitXMLRequestBody)
would return an error to the client; they wouldn't pass partial
content to the back end.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] requestbody size limitation with apache

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Tuesday 28 March 2006 15:20, Joshua Slive wrote:
> > I am trying to send a big xml file to tomcat through http server .
> >
> > But I am not able receive the total xml file at Tomcat.
> >
> > Some of the xml body is missing, but I am not able find any logs at http
> > server.
> >
> > Is there any limitation on request body at http server?
>
> Yes, but the apache limits (LimitRequestBody and LimitXMLRequestBody)
> would return an error to the client; they wouldn't pass partial
> content to the back end.

Hmmm, I seemed to have missed the OP.

Have you run any diagnostics on where the request gets truncated?
For example, does it look like about 8Kb that gets through?
Or could it be that there's something like a Content-Length header
that's wrong but that either Apache or Tomcat is honouring
(e.g. Content-Length set to the size of compressed contents and
wrong after decompression somewhere between client and app)?

--
Nick Kew