Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Jagadish Venkatraman <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/07 01:32:15 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Samza 0.12.0 RC2

This is a call for a vote on a release of Apache Samza 0.12.0. Thanks to
everyone who has contributed to this release. We are very glad to see some
new contributors in this release.

The release candidate can be downloaded from here:
http://home.apache.org/~jagadish/samza-0.12.0-rc2/

The release candidate is signed with pgp key AF81FFBF, which can be found
on keyservers:
http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xAF81FFBF

The git tag is release-0.12.0-rc2 and signed with the same pgp key:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=samza.git;a=tag;h=
refs/tags/release-0.12.0-rc2

Test binaries have been published to Maven's staging repository, and are
available here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesamza-1018

Note that the binaries were built with JDK8 without incident.

26 issues were resolved for this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20S
AMZA%20AND%20fixVersion%20in%20(0.12%2C%200.12.0)%20AND%20st
atus%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)

The vote will be open for 72 hours (end in 6PM Thursday, 02/09/2017 ).

Please download the release candidate, check the hashes/signature, build it
and test it, and then please vote:

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

+1 from my side for the release.

Cheers!

--
Jagadish V,
Graduate Student,

Re: [VOTE] Apache Samza 0.12.0 RC2

Posted by Yi Pan <ni...@gmail.com>.
Ran check-all and integration tests on Mac. Passed and verified the pgp key.

P.S. I do see a non-consistent test hanging issue on my Mac in
TestStreamProcessor test. Drilled in a bit and found out that the Kafka
broker is not started serving correctly during the job initialization. It
passed in Linux build and also passed when I ran it in Intellij. Given that
others does not see this issue on Mac build either, I won't consider this
as a blocker for the new release. I created a JIRA reporting that issue:
SAMZA-1088.

+1 (binding).

Posted by Chinmay Soman <ch...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks and regards

Chinmay Soman

Re: [VOTE] Apache Samza 0.12.0 RC2

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
I also run check-all against Debian and build was successful, although I
saw a bunch of this error:

apache-samza-0.12.0-src/samza-hdfs/src/main/java/org/apache/samza/system/hdfs/HdfsSystemConsumer.java:59:
error: unmappable character for encoding ASCII
 *

Posted by Navina Ramesh <nr...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.

--
Navina R.