Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2006/04/02 19:37:59 UTC

Re: Changes in trunk after cleanup + what else needs to be done

Carsten Ziegeler schrieb:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> Agree, but a first step could be to look at the error messages. I did
>> that and the vast majority of errors are due to that the component
>> testing framework doesn't find find the role of the component. So before
>> deactivating all of the test it could be a good idea to see if it is
>> easy to make the component testing framework work again (Carsten?).
> Hmm, when I rewrote the core to use Spring, I think I also fixed the
> testing framework - but apparently not in the right way :( I'll have a
> look at this in the next days.

I fixed most of the test cases, some are still failing, I'll look at
them in the next
days. It would be great if someone could have a look at the failing test
cases for the virtual pipeline components. They currently fail because
wiring.xml can't be found and I have no clue how to fix this.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: Changes in trunk after cleanup + what else needs to be done

Posted by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se>.
Reinhard Poetz skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> I also disabled the rest of the non working test until someone fix
>> them.  So now one can run the tests at cocoon-core, at least.
>
> That's good news! From now on we can use Continuum for continious
> integration builds. Jorg, do we already get notification messages, if
> the build fails?

I wrote cocoon-core not cocoon-trunk ;) After a little bit more work and
test disabling all enabled tests in the build in trunk works.

It should be noted however that most of the blocks are disabled in the
trunk, so there is a lot left to do.

Anyway, we have a starting point for clean integration builds, which is
great.

/Daniel

Re: Changes in trunk after cleanup + what else needs to be done

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> That's good news! From now on we can use Continuum for continious
> integration builds. Jorg, do we already get notification messages, if
> the build fails?

Not for the moment no, I figured it would be just flooding the list with
more failure messages.

I'll try this week to get continuum up and running again with the new
repository structure and will enable build failure notification to the list.

Regards
Jorg

Re: Changes in trunk after cleanup + what else needs to be done

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: Changes in trunk after cleanup + what else needs to be done

Posted by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se>.
Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
> Carsten Ziegeler schrieb:
>> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>>> Agree, but a first step could be to look at the error messages. I did
>>> that and the vast majority of errors are due to that the component
>>> testing framework doesn't find find the role of the component. So before
>>> deactivating all of the test it could be a good idea to see if it is
>>> easy to make the component testing framework work again (Carsten?).
>> Hmm, when I rewrote the core to use Spring, I think I also fixed the
>> testing framework - but apparently not in the right way :( I'll have a
>> look at this in the next days.
>>
> I fixed most of the test cases,
Great!

> some are still failing, I'll look at
> them in the next
> days. It would be great if someone could have a look at the failing test
> cases for the virtual pipeline components. They currently fail because
> wiring.xml can't be found and I have no clue how to fix this.
I fixed that part, but I'm afraid that there are a number of other
things that needs to be fixed as well. Also the test takes a lot of time
to run, so I disabled them and return to them at some other time.