Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2017/02/14 07:46:21 UTC

[FlexJS] background images not showing

Hi,

Can anyone confirm this is a bug?

 I’m getting the text showing but no image showing. I can see in the network panel that the image is being downloaded.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<js:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
                xmlns:js="library://ns.apache.org/flexjs/basic">

    <js:valuesImpl>
        <js:SimpleCSSValuesImpl/>
    </js:valuesImpl>

    <js:initialView>
        <js:View>
            <js:VContainer percentWidth="100" percentHeight="100">
                <js:style>
                    <js:SimpleCSSStyles backgroundImage="./background.jpg" />
                </js:style>
                <js:Label text="Hello" />
            </js:VContainer>
        </js:View>
    </js:initialView>

</js:Application>

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [FlexJS] background images not showing

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Is this for SWF or JS?

For JS. Assume any FlexJS codeI post is for JS, if I was targeting AS I’d used the FlexSDK.

> For both platforms, you may need to set width/height on the View.

As I said the text shows just not the images, so there's some width/height there. Can the parent view be smaller than the container?

I changed view to this:
<js:View height="100" percentWidth="100">

And a small percent of the image show but just behind the text not at the specified 100% width which seems like a bug.

If I change to this:
<js:View height="100" percentWidth="100">
    <js:VContainer percentHeight="100" percentWidth="100”>

It works as intended.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/13/17, 11:46 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can anyone confirm this is a bug?
>
> I’m getting the text showing but no image showing. I can see in the
>network panel that the image is being downloaded.

Is this for SWF or JS?  I don't think there is SWF-side support for
backgroundImage.  It would be great if a volunteer extended
SolidBackgroundBead and supported it.

For both platforms, you may need to set width/height on the View.

HTH,
-Alex