Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/14 17:43:09 UTC

JDBC Performance Test

Hello

Has anyone done a 'Performance Test' with JDBC to a simple MySQL Server? I
tried adding a 'JDBC Connection Configuration' and 'JDBC Request'. But
can't make out which options are to be used for 'Connection Pooling'?

Any idea how do I reuse the connections made from Jmeter to Database
(Connection Pooling)?

Thanks!
Deepak

Deepak
"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated
- Mahatma Gandhi"

+91 73500 12833
deicool@gmail.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool

"Plant a Tree, Go Green"

Make In India : http://www.makeinindia.com/home

Re: JDBC Performance Test

Posted by Kiran Badi <ki...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
*How do I specify 'the minimum connections which the pool must maintain at
all times"? *

I don't think that option available in JMeter, but I would not worry about it. Min value is 0 and max is the number you give. But I guess Min value is required here. Maybe Jmeter committer can comment on this.
Response message:java.sql.SQLException: Error preloading the connection
pool (There is nothing in the log file jmeter.log). -- hmm this is related to dbcp2 and most likely you are trying to get a connection where there is either none or something else. Cannot comment exactly unless we understand the workload and hook it into code.
And, how do I check the number of database connections made by Jmeter? And
whether they are being reused? Can't see much in the jmeter.log)
Well give max pool setting as 2 and run the test with 10 concurrent threads for 10 mins and enable verbose logs or maybe debug sampler. If the test runs fine without error, you know the connection pool is working,Ideally verbose logs should log some message if the connection is reused or not. https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/debugging-jdbc-sampler-results-jmeter

With Regards,
Kiran Badi
Email:kiranbadi@yahoo.com
Ph- US-(+01)6462013101

    On Monday, June 14, 2021, 02:35:45 PM EDT, Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hello

Thanks for your response.

*How do I specify 'the minimum connections which the pool must maintain at
all times"? *

Also I keep getting the following error:
 Response message:java.sql.SQLException: Error preloading the connection
pool (There is nothing in the log file jmeter.log).

*Is there a limit to the following variable "Max Number of Connections"?*

Re: JDBC Performance Test

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Thanks for your response.