Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by je...@portugalmail.pt on 2004/03/13 00:58:10 UTC

Educational CMS

Hi to all Cocoon users,

 I would like to know the best approach to develop
under Cocoon framework a Department Portal. Ive seen Portals block? Lenya CMS
and heard about DB Prism CMS, and other Cocoon related.

But as Cocoonewbie i would like to ear from you.

My main purpose is to integrate features usefull to students such as mailing
lists, forums, chatrooms,and tools that help teachers manage content (in a
simple way as Cocoon Wiki) such as classes on-line, quiz , calendars. (Ive
seen solutions such as uPortal but its more Campus oriented, ive also seen
Logicampus, the last one fits best our primary needs, but lacks community
support and future integration)

What would be the best approach? Is there any development in such conditions
or related to Higher Ed, schools, e-learning within Cocoon?

Thanks to All!

Post Scriptum: I love Cocoon Wiki!!! By the way sorry about the English i
skipped some English lessons to take some sun baths at portuguese
beachs... :)
                                                                Matias