Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Viswanathan Ramachandran <vi...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/18 04:11:17 UTC

LOCAL_QUORUM without a replica in current data center

Hi,

How does LOCAL_QUORUM read/write behave when the data center on which query
is executed does not have a replica of the keyspace?

Does it result in an error or can it be configured to do LOCAL_QUORUM on
the "nearest" data center (as depicted by the dynamic snitch) which has the
replicas ?

We are essentially trying to design a Cassandra cluster with a keyspace
only in certain "regional-hub" data centers to keep number of replicas
under control.
I am curious to know if a cassandra node not in the regional-hub data
center can handle LOCAL_QUORUM type operations, or if clients really need
to have a connection to the hub data center with the replica to use that
consistency level.

Thanks
Vish

Re: LOCAL_QUORUM without a replica in current data center

Posted by Viswanathan Ramachandran <vi...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the spam - but I wanted to double check if anyone had experience
with such a scenario.

Thanks.