Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/16 23:21:27 UTC

Doxia markdown module: em-dash?

Hello; how do I render an em dash using the Doxia Markdown module?

The following source code results in an empty string in the final HTML
output.  Each of the following non-whitespace lines represents an attempt:

&mdash;

--

---

&amp;mdash;

I can make it render an em dash using &#8212; but I'd like to understand
why the other options don't work.

Thanks,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson

Re: Doxia markdown module: em-dash?

Posted by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 1:08 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>wrote:

> I suppose you're hitting https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-480

Thanks!

Best,
Laird

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
I suppose you're hitting https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-480

It is fixed in trunk, but we didn't release Doxia 1.4 yet

regards,

Hervé

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
The markdown module uses the pegdown library (http://pegdown.org/) for
parsing, any problems should be reported there.

HTH,
-Lukas