Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Akila Ravihansa Perera <ra...@wso2.com> on 2015/07/21 08:54:44 UTC

[Discuss] Release Apache Stratos 4.1.0-RC4

Hi All,

This thread is for discussion of the fourth release candidate of Apache
Stratos 4.1.0. Please use this thread for discussion of issues uncovered in
the RC, questions you may have about the RC, etc.

*RC release packs:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stratos/4.1.0-rc4/

*The tag to be voted upon:*
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=stratos.git;a=tag;h=83afeeb50d3f24cd4bcbc79910710e23d54174f1

*Git tag (4.1.0-rc4) tree view: *
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=stratos.git;a=tree;h=refs/tags/4.1.0-rc4;hb=refs/tags/4.1.0-rc4

*Stratos KEYS* *file* containing PGP keys used to sign the release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stratos/KEYS

Thanks
Apache Stratos Team

--
Akila Ravihansa Perera
Software Engineer, WSO2

Blog: http://ravihansa3000.blogspot.com

Re: [Discuss] Release Apache Stratos 4.1.0-RC4

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Great work Akila!

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 9:51 PM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <ra...@wso2.com>
 wrote:

> To avoid commit freeze on master branch, we should be creating a branch
> for each release.

May be we do not need a branch for each release rather committers can work
on their own branches when the master branch is frozen. If we create
branches people would use those to fix issues found in those releases. IMO
all the development work and fixes should continue on the master branch.

> Also strictly stick to maven release plugin to avoid having to update pom
> files manually.

With our past experience maven release plugin cause problems when doing
releases. That's why this time we did not use it. Now we are using maven
deploy command.

For updating the version we could use following:

mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=<new-version>

mvn versions:commit

Posted by Akila Ravihansa Perera <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

I've already moved distribution artifacts to releases location [1]. I've
now updated project version to 4.1.1-SNAPSHOT in master branch. Build is
successful with tests enabled and I've tested the functionality on
Kubernetes using latest build from master branch. I'll send out the
announcement eventually.

All release artifacts have been picked up by Central public repo at [2].
Apache mirrors have picked up binaries at [3].

To avoid commit freeze on master branch, we should be creating a branch for
each release. Also strictly stick to maven release plugin to avoid having
to update pom files manually.

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/stratos/4.1.0/
[2] https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/public/org/apache/stratos/
[3] http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/stratos

Thanks.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 11:37 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> In addition we need to change the version in the master branch to
> 4.1.1-SNAPSHOT.
>
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 11:35 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I think we need to move the packages to the releases folder [1] and send
>> the announce mail to announce at apache.org [2]
>>
>> [1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/stratos/
>> [2] http://mail-archives.us.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <
>> ravihansa@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> This thread is for discussion of the fourth release candidate of Apache
>>> Stratos 4.1.0. Please use this thread for discussion of issues uncovered in
>>> the RC, questions you may have about the RC, etc.
>>>
>>> *RC release packs:*
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stratos/4.1.0-rc4/
>>>
>>> *The tag to be voted upon:*
>>>
>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=stratos.git;a=tag;h=83afeeb50d3f24cd4bcbc79910710e23d54174f1
>>>
>>> *Git tag (4.1.0-rc4) tree view: *
>>>
>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=stratos.git;a=tree;h=refs/tags/4.1.0-rc4;hb=refs/tags/4.1.0-rc4
>>>
>>> *Stratos KEYS* *file* containing PGP keys used to sign the release:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stratos/KEYS
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Apache Stratos Team
>>>
>>> --