Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sridhar Srigiriraju <sr...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/07 16:53:08 UTC

Error while running struts blank on Weblogic 8.1

Hello All,

I am facing a strange problem. I am trying to deploy and navigate to the
welcome page of Struts blank application that comes with the struts binary
distribution and I face the following error stack trace. I did not face this
problem while I deployed it in TOMCAT. I am hoping someone has faced this
problem and could give me some direction. The trace is as follows

 Error 500--Internal Server Error

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.FactorySet.getDefinition(FactorySet.java:114)
	at org.apache.struts.tiles.definition.ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper.getDefinition(ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper.java:84)
	at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition(TilesRequestProcessor.java:152)
	at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.internalModuleRelativeForward(TilesRequestProcessor.java:341)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForward(RequestProcessor.java:572)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:221)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:1006)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:419)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:315)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6718)
	at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
	at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3764)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2644)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:219)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)

Thanks

Sridhar

RE: Error while running struts blank on Weblogic 8.1

Posted by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net>.
Weblogic uses Struts 1.1 for some of its internal views.  It started
using that quite a long time ago, when Struts 1.1 was the latest
version.

Posted by Sridhar Srigiriraju <sr...@gmail.com>.
David,

Posted by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Sridhar Srigiriraju wrote:
> I had no problems in deploying the code.

I'm not asking if you had problems deploying it, I'm
asking if it was correctly deployed, which is an
entirely different thing.

I ask because we have had zero issues working with
S1/Tiles on 8.1SP5, so I feel pretty comfortable
saying that there is either something wrong with your
deployment or configuration.

d.

Re: Error while running struts blank on Weblogic 8.1

Posted by Sridhar Srigiriraju <sr...@gmail.com>.
Dave,

I had no problems in deploying the code. The deployment log doesnt say much
either about any possible errors.

However, let me try JRockit and see how is comes through.

Thanks anyways for the help.

Sridhar

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Sridhar Srigiriraju <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Are you using the j4 S2 libs?

--- Sridhar Srigiriraju

Posted by Sridhar Srigiriraju <sr...@gmail.com>.
Dave,

[...]

<Feb 7, 2007 11:00:28 AM EST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000327>
<Starting WebLogic Admin
Server "DTINew" for domain "DTIDomain">
Feb 7, 2007 11:00:32 AM
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugininitDefinitionsFactory
INFO: Tiles definition factory loaded for module ''.
<Feb 7, 2007 11:00:32 AM EST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000331>
<Started WebLogic Admin
erver "DTINew" for domain "DTIDomain" running in Development Mode>
<Feb 7, 2007 11:00:32 AM EST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000360> <Server
started in RUNNI
G mode>
<Feb 7, 2007 11:00:32 AM EST> <Warning> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000372>
<HostName: 0.0.0.0, map
 to multiple IP addresses:169.254.241.150,128.209.33.190>
<Feb 7, 2007 11:00:32 AM EST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000355> <Thread

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.