Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by John Wagenleitner <jo...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/12 02:04:47 UTC

Re: "continue" does not continue the while loop after an assertion fails

The code never reaches the continue because the assert will throw an
AssertionError since the expression in the if statement proves it will
fail.  If you remove the assert it should work.  Also may want to remove
the assert in your else branch, unless it is meant to abort the program if
it's reached and fails.  In those cases log.error may be a good choice.